The Anatomical Splinted Greaves – medieval leg armor that was widely used among knights in Europe from 14st.
The splints ( steel plates) are riveted inside and outside to wool and canvas base.
One of the sources for such type of armor:
Günther XXI. von Schwarzburg-Arnstadt, tomb in St. Bartholomew’s Cathedral in Frankfurt / M. Source
- Reliable and strong wool reinforced with canvass – to hold splints tight
- Hardened steel and titanium on your choice
- Anatomical shape
- Protection of your shin and feet
- Color on your choice
- Leather arming point from inside to be laced to your chausses
- Easy to carry and pack in your bag.
Check the measurements required for anatomical splinted greaves on the last photo.