Only one week – order 2 brigantines and get the third brigantine completely free!
Each of them would be done as made-to-measure.
The Basic Brigandine “Wimbledon” – affordable and reliable body protection for your first set of armor.
- Large back plate for extra safety
- Foam padding on the back
- Elongated design to protect your hip joints
- Adjustable in front and in shoulders zone.
- Any color according to your preferences
Check the chart in picture to take right measurements with your padding on.
Basic Brigandine “Wimbledon”. Seven Historical-ish Facts.
- Can be found on medieval artworks as a part of knights’, kings’ or saints’ armor . Saint Michael wear it while hunting the Dragon on some armor illustrations.
- Was known as “brigantine” in Germany, “brigandine” in England and “corazzina” in Italy.
- For some kind of nerds: in Italian “briga” means “bother” or “trouble, in Portugese – “fight”, in Croatian – “care”. And “corazzina” probably came from Italian “corazon” which means “heart”.
- The armor became very popular in Eastern Europe first, especially in Hungary, towards the end of the 13th century.
- The name of the armor is often confused with the “brigantine”, a swift small sea vessel.
- It is used for the full contact fight because of the thick wool coat and large metal plates of which it’s made.
- The brigantine is known as a prototype of a modern bulletproof vest.