Meet the klappvisor bascinet from Sitten for armored combat – the common helmet for XIVth century.
This helmet is heavily inspired by existing piece that stored in the Museum of History of the Wallis.
This helmet is also referred as helmet from Valeria Castle, Sion (Sitten), Switzerland. (1370)
The helmet includes:
- Dome with securely attached visor
- strap and 2 holes in the bottom of the visor to keep it securely closed
- Padded liner
- Padded aventail
- 3 plates for neck protection
- 2 sets of chin straps
- riveted chainmail.
- Dome 2.5 mm
- Visor 2 mm
- Hardened 30HGSA steel
- Steel/Titanium riveted chainmail
- Weight 6.96 kg ( depends on your size)
Some historical references for the klappvisor bascinet from Sitten for armored combat: